Conferences & Seminars
National Multidisciplinary Seminar
Emerging Trends in Technology and Sustainability
Perspectives from Business, Sciences, Social Sciences & Humanities
March 1 & 2, 2024
About the Seminar
The two-day National Seminar on Emerging Trends in Technology and Sustainability – Perspectives from Business, Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities, promises to be a stimulating and thought-provoking event, exploring the interdisciplinary facets of the key ideas, precepts, and practices related to technology and sustainability.
Technological innovation offers fresh approaches to sustainability-related issues, and the two fields have a complex and dynamic relationship. The modern world relies heavily on integrated approaches to address global challenges, and there are many connections between technology and sustainability. Bringing together professionals and experts from different fields, fosters multidisciplinary collaboration, information exchange, and the investigation of innovative solutions to complex sustainability concerns. It serves as a platform to promote communication, ignite fresh concepts, and encourage cross-disciplinary teamwork.
Objectives of the Seminar
1. To provide a forum to academicians, research scholars, and students to share their research work on technology, sustainability, sustainable development, economic growth, and environmental protection.
2. To identify key research areas and potential solutions for addressing sustainability challenges.
3. To make recommendations for further course of action for the promotion of sustainable technology development and implementation and to contribute to the development of public policy for sustainable development.
Patron: Dr. Jaimole Cross
Principal, St. Mary’s College
Convenor: Dr. B. Swathi
Head – Research and Consultancy & Assistant Professor of Commerce
Dr. D Kanthi Sree, Assistant Professor of Management
Dr. Srinath Naganathan, Assistant Professor of Biotechnology
Dr. Ramesh Kumar, Assistant Professor of Political Science
Dr. Chandana John, Assistant Professor of English
Dr. Sri Sai Chilukuri, Head, Department of Commerce
Dr. Himani Raval, Head, Department of Management
Ms. Anu Victor, Head, Department of Sciences
Mr. J. Michael Preetham, Head, Department of Social Sciences & Humanities
Advisor: Prof. J. Mathew George
Director (Higher Education), St. Mary’s Educational Society
Themes & Sub-themes
Technology for Sustainable Business
o Green technology and circular economy
o Sustainable supply chain management and logistics
o Sustainable product design and innovation
o Role of technology in corporate social responsibility
o Ethics and governance of sustainable technologies
o Real-time Big Data services
o IoT and its applications
o Block chain, Bitcoin, Cryptocurrency technology
o Waste to Wealth & Eco-friendly Processes
o Microbial Bioprocesses & Bioremediation
o Advances in Bioinformatics and Systems Biology
o Green and Sustainable Chemistry
o Community Engagement and Participation
o Ethical Considerations in Technology Development and Deployment
o Governance and Policy Perspectives
o Cultural Dimensions of Sustainable Technology
o Education for Sustainable Technology
o Media Coverage of Environmental Issues
o Role of New Media in Environmental Advocacy
o Environmental Journalism and Ethics
o Media Literacy for Sustainability
o Digital Storytelling for Sustainable Development
o Global Perspectives on Sustainable Communication
o Innovations in Green Advertising
o Anthropocentrism and Ecocentrism
o Ecocriticism and sustainability
o Eco-disaster/Eco-anxiety and sustainability
o Myth, Spirituality and Environmental Sustainability
o Folk and indigenous knowledge in discourses
Gender in relation to nature/environment:
o Sustainable environment and eco-feminism
o Gendered representation of nature in sustainability narratives
Language and communication for sustainable development
Representations of Technology and narratives of sustainability:
o Science fiction and sustainability.
o Technocracy vs ecology
Use of digital platforms for environmental activism
Eco-friendly approaches in classical and modern literature
Note: Submissions are not restricted to the above-mentioned sub-themes
• Abstracts should be of 200-250 words.
• All submissions must include a title, Author name(s), affiliation(s), email(s) and a Notation (*) for the corresponding author and contact details.
• The Abstract/Paper submitted must follow UGC Ethical Guidelines for Publication (Below 10% Plagiarism Accepted).
• Co-authors are required to register separately, if they are attending the seminar.
• All papers and abstracts should be as per APA Research Paper Format
• Acceptance/rejection will be communicated within a week from the submission of abstract.
• Selected papers will be published in a Scopus / UGC Care-listed journal. Publication will involve additional charges.
• Conference E-Proceeding (Abstracts) with ISBN No. will be published after the conference.
• Assistance for accommodation will be provided for outstation participants on request.
Registration Fee Details
• Students (UG & PG) : Rs. 500
• Faculty/ Research Scholars: Rs. 1000
• Industry Delegates : Rs. 2000
For Registration & payment of Registration Fee, kindly CLICK HERE.
Important Dates and Details
Submission of abstracts:
January 22, 2024
Submission of full paper:
February 20, 2024
Abstract and full paper submission by email:
Last date for participant registration:
February 20, 2024
Accommodation on payment basis (for outstation participants):
Please get in touch with the organisers.